Disclaimer: The 30-day challenge idea actually came from a Googler's blog that I read. Actually, I read a lot of blogs and get inspired by some of them. Very few thoughts and ideas actually translate into actions or decisions. But the 30-day challenge always seemed interesting and now I want to set it in motion.
Here are some of the 30-day challenges I've in mind. I plan to pick two or three from the list because I've to and because they've a common goal. Apart from a different perspective, every challenge gives me (hopefully) interesting topics to blog about (which is yet another challenge I face and hope to accomplish). So, you get the plot there.
- 30 days of waking up at 5AM for my projects
- 30 days of learning guitar
- 30 days of reading a book to my unborn child
- 30 days of writing non-stop blog posts
- 30 days of writing for my book
- 30 days of no TV
- 30 days of twitter and facebook status updates
- 30 days SEO optimization
- 30 days of writing articles for external publications
- 30 days of designing new websites (WordPress themes)
- 30 days of connecting with friends
- 30 days of connecting with family
- and may more. Maybe I'll list them on the sidebar.
Here are some of the things I've been doing in recent times and I'm tempted to mark them as 'Done'!
- 30 days of practicing Sahaja Yoga - I've been doing it since 8-Feb-2010 and I'm happy I made a spontaneous decision to enroll into the learning session at office. The benefits are wonderful and I've involved my family as well. I plan to involve my friends next because it is too valuable and simple to not share it with everyone.
- 30 days of 1-cup of tea at office - It was common for me to sip 3 or 4 cups of tea or coffee at office so far. From the past three weeks or so, instead of having tea post lunch, I'm picking up a fresh fruit juice or fruit salad when hunger strikes at around 4PM everyday. I somehow feel good about it.